A decision support tool for preparing fertilizer recommendations
OMP Fertilizer Planner (OMP-FP) is computerised decision support tool that works with OMP.
We collaborate with Agrisoft Systems in the development and implementation of OMP Fertilizer Planner (OMP-FP), a computerised decision support tool that can be used to calculate fertilizer recommendations for each block based on relevant agronomic data (e.g., leaf and soil analysis data, yield, field conditions). The software is easy to set up and provides a one-stop solution to fertilizer recommendations:
- Block specific fertilizer recommendations based on agronomic data stored in OMP.
- Identification of least costly fertilizer nutrient sources based on a list of available products (price, nutrient content).
- Scheduling of fertilizer by month.
- Cost of fertilizer programme.
- Fertilizer schedule for immature palms.
- Once recommendations have been prepared in OMP-FP, data is copied to OMP so that fertilizer application can be monitored against recommendations.
Download an introduction on the use of OMP here.
The preparation of fertilizer recommendations is a key part of oil palm management because fertilizers are usually the largest variable cost of production. The OMP-Fertilizer Planner can be used to prepare fertilizer recommendations for immature and mature plantings based on rules applied to data (e.g., yield, leaf analysis, soil type) store in OMP.