The updated oil palm handbooks, authored by Thomas Fairhurst, William Griffiths and Ian Rankine and to be published in 2017, will now include information on South and Central America, Africa, as well as South East Asia. We have written them because we realise there have been significant developments in technology and techniques since the books were first published in 1998.
TCCL’s knowledge products including the following:
- Books (available via the IPNI website).
- Papers and bulletins.
- Library service.
Other recent publications by Thomas Fairhurst:
- Fairhurst, T., Griffiths, W. and Rankine, I. (2013) Field Handbooks: Oil Palm Series Volumes 1-3, 3nd. edn. Potash & Phosphate Institute (PPI), Potash & Phosphate Institute of Canada (PPIC) and 4T Consultants (4T), Singapore.
- Fairhurst, T., Witt, C., Griffiths, W. and Donough, C. (2013) Best management practice in oil palm. A practical guide to ecological yield intensification. IPNI, Penang, Malaysia.
- Fairhurst, T. (ed.) (2012) Handbook for Integrated Soil Fertility Management. CABI, Wallingford, 155p.
- Fairhurst, T., McLeish, M. and Prasodjo, R. (2010) Conditions Required by the Private Sector for Oil Palm Expansion on Degraded Land in Indonesia. Prince’s Rainforest Project. London.
- Fairhurst, T., Griffiths, W., Donough, C., Witt, C., McLaughlin, D. and Giller, K. (2010) Identification and elimination of yield gaps in oil palm plantations in Indonesia. In: Proceedings of Agro 2010 the XIth European Society of Agronomy Congress, Montpellier, France, September 29 to September 03, 2010. CIRAD, ESA, Montpellier, France, pp. 343-344.
- Donough, C., Witt, C. and Fairhurst, T. (2010) Yield intensification in oil palm using BMP as a management tool. In: Proceedings of the International Oil Palm Conference held in Jogjakarta from 1-3 June, 2010. IOPRI, Jogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Langensiepen, M., Fairhurst, T. and Giller, K. (2009) Sustainability aspects of partial extraction of oil palm biomass: Phase II. Wageningen University. Wageningen.
- Jelsma, I., Giller, K. and Fairhurst, T. (2009) Guidelines for setting up a smallholder oil palm plantation. University of Wageningen. Plant Production Systems. Wageningen.
- Jelsma, I., Giller, K. and Fairhurst, T. (2009) Smallholder Oil Palm Production Systems in Indonesia: Lessons Learned from the NESP Ophir Project. University of Wageningen. Plant Production Systems. Wageningen.
- Giller, K., Langensiepen, M. and Fairhurst, T. (2009) Sustainability Aspects of Partial Extraction of Oil Palm Biomass. Wageningen University. Wageningen.
- Fairhurst, T. and McLaughlin, D. (2009) Sustainable Oil Palm Development on Degraded Land in Kalimantan. World Wildlife Fund. Washington, USA.
- Witt, C., Donough, C. and Fairhurst, T. (2008) Ecological Intensification of Oil Palm Production through Best Management Practices International Plant Nutrition Institute. Singapore.